Sobit Feed hatches
Sobit Feed hatches contribute to easier, safer and personell-free reception of feed on all types of feed barrges.
The Sobit system consists of remote controlled silo hatches and silo volume control scanners. The system is robust and functional, developed and tested together with the aquaculture industry.
Together with Sobit Silo volume control, it is also easy to get accurate figures on how much feed there is in each silo at all times, see history of feed quantity for all silos and get digital reports from feedboat after filling, directly into the system.
Sobit system – Content
- Electronic/automatic opening and closing of the hatches
- Full control of opening/closing of hatches, monitoring of the exact feed level, temperature, humidity in each silo
- Full control of silo content (in/outflow) with statistics function for benchmarking
- Displays real-time silo activity
- Filling can be carried out without the barge personnel present on the barge
- Fully automatic control from devices that display all necessary information, for example from a wireless handheld remote control (visual monitoring), or from a PC or wireless tablet (country/office) via internet (WIFI, 3G/4G or ICE network) or the barge’s intranet
- Camera module for visual monitoring (via the internet or the barge’s intranet)
- It works as a “stand-alone” system, regardless of generator. It is powered by two batteries that receive charging.
- Ventilation function – the hatches can be locked in an open position – from 10-100%
Assembly and installation
- The equipment can be adapted to all existing feed barges and silo solutions with only simple on-site remodelling
- In most cases old hatch covers will be replaced by new top hatches – avoiding welding work
- Efficient installation on site, no interruption to operations on the barge while assembly is in progress
- No heavy lifting, handled using minimal physical force (for manual opening)
- Hatch opening 90 cm above the deck eliminates the chance of falling into the silo
- The design prevents strong wind from affecting the position of the hatch in an open condition or during filling
- Automatic reporting of any errors in the system
- The equipment is manufactured from high quality materials for use in the maritime environment
- Emphasis is placed on good access for maintenance and service
- Service kit with all necessary parts included in the delivery