The webinar is hosted by veterinarian Aoife Westgård, Aqua Kompetanse.
- Start-up: Thursday, September 10, at 15:00 (GMT +2)
- The webinar will last approx. 1 hour and we will open up for questions afterwards
- Access for a limited amount of people
- Link to the webinar will be sent by e-mail about 1 hour before start-up
- Review of results from the report “Documentation of fish welfare, behavior and effect of treatment with SkaMik”, by Westgård et. al. will be presented, including:
- specific figures for mortality and appetite / feeding before and after treatment with SkaMik
- lice numbers and effect percentages
- occurence of acute injuries, condition of the fish 2 weeks after treatment and stress response in connection with treatment
- behavioral records
- Use of SkaMik in a comprehensive lice strategy
- Use of SkaMik in situations with health challenges (e.g. impaired heart and gill health)
*The project used resources on blood chemistry, histology and close follow-up by a veterinarian, which differs from the work previously done for other non-drug methods.